Immigration, Sponsor a Relative for Permanent Residency


As a U.S. citizen, you can sponsor a relative for permanent residency, if you can prove that you have resources to support your relative when they enter the United States. You may sponsor your husband, wife, children, parents, brothers or sisters. To start the process, you need to fill out a form I-130, Petition for an Alien Relative. The form will establish your relationship between you and your relative. Once the form is filed, your relative will be placed in line with other applicants who have similar places of origin and type of relationship. There is no wait list for spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21 and parents. Your other relatives must wait outside the United States for their I-130 form to be approved. Wait time will depend upon demand and the number of applicants allowed per year. If you have any immigration questions, contact the Dallas office of the Morris Law Firm at (214)357-1782 or via email at


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s