K-1 Fiancé Visa


The world has become a very small place. Many of us travel for business and please. What happens when you meet your sole-mate in a foreign country? INS has created the K-1 Visa for just such a purpose. The K-1 fiancé(e) visa allows your foreign-national fiancé(e) to travel to the US to marry. You must get married within 90 days of his/her arrival. After the marriage, the visa applicant is eligible for a two-year conditional Green Card, giving him/her conditional permanent resident status. If after two years the marriage is still stable, the foreign-national spouse may apply for a 10-year, non-conditional Green Card and eventually US citizenship! You must start by directing your attorney to file a Form I-129F along with your affidavit of support for your foreign partner. After this is done, you may file for the K-1 Visa. Daniel L Morris The Morris Law Firm (214)357-1782 info@themorrisfirm.net


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s