Who Can Certify an Maximum Medical Improvement in a Texas Workers’ Compensation Claim


blog images

In the Texas Workers’ Compensation system doctors must be certified to provide a certification of impairment (DWC-69).  Doctors who are not certified may provide a certification finding the injured worker not at maximum medical improvement (MMI) or may place the injured worker at MMI with no impairment.

The first examination to certify MMI must be done by a treating doctor, a referral from the treating doctor or a designated doctor.  A post designated doctor required medical examiner may certify the injured worker only after an examination for MMI by the designated doctor.

Finally, any certification must come from a doctor that has actually examined the injured worker.  A peer review doctor or any other doctor just examining records can not provide a certification of MMI.

Daniel L Morris, The Morris Firm PLLC, info@themorrisfirm.net (214)357-1782


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s